KDP Points are new this year. This is a way to keep ourselves accountable to our mission statement.
Eight points are needed by the end of each semester:
- 1 point per meeting you attend
- 1 point per social you attend
- 2 points every volunteer opportunity you attend
- If volunteering is done outside of KDP, volunteer hours must be recorded in Service Tracker
Meetings will be held every second Thursday of the month! Meetings are 7-8pm in Kirkhof Room 0072
*** We are now holding once a month meetings as a way to compensate for all of the volunteering we would like to participate in this year! **
First meeting/Informational meeting: September 13th
Second meeting: October 11th
Third meeting: November 8th
We hope you all are having a wonderful summer break and are getting ready for the fast approaching school year! Just a few quick announcements/ reminders:
- We will now be holding monthly meetings instead of biweekly meetings. Our hope in doing this is to increase community involvement.
- Our meetings will be held on the second Thursday of every month from 7-8pm in KC Room 0072. More details on this will be shared as we get closer to September!
- As the school year starts, we would love for more future educators to hear about GVSU KDP and to become members, to do this we need your help in spreading the word about KDP in any possible way!
- For the 2018-19 school year we will be putting in place a point system as a way to keep our members more accountable to themselves as well as the group. More details will be shared at a later date.
We are so thankful for our members that attended the meeting last night, November 2nd. All of your names have been entered into the raffle drawing, and we hope that they will be entered again when you come to our next meeting November 16th. If you were unable to make it to our meeting last night, you still have the opportunity to have your name entered into the drawing by coming to our second to last meeting on the 16th. We will be doing the drawing at our last meeting on November 30th at 7pm.
Recap from the Meeting:
For those that attended the meeting you were able to listen to Brian Williams, from the COE talk about resume building, professionalism in interviews, and ways to positively market yourself. You were also able to ask Brian any questions that you had formulating. However, for those of you who missed our meeting, we had Brian come in to present on marketing techniques to make yourself a "stand-out" candidate. Some of those include,
- Bringing questions to an interview
- Meeting the principal when working in the school
- Presenting yourself in a positive and professional manner (attire and attitude) etc.
At the meeting we also presented some reminder information and new information that we need to want to notify all of our members about,
- This will take place in early January
- $60 Dues will be due before initiation ($48 goes to KDP International, and the other $12 goes to KDP GV)
- You must have a 3.0 GPA, have sophomore standing, and attend 75% of the meetings once initiated.
- Official dates will come before or during Christmas Break.
Committee Information: As an e-board we have decided to have one e-board member oversee each committee. The committees and their overseers are listed below. If you have any other questions about committees, please email us.
Social Events: We have decided that we are going to use our last two meetings as social/fundraising events for our members.
- On November 16th we will be providing holiday ornaments that you can purchase for a small price and then decorate for yourself, family members, friends etc. This event is open to all people, not just Kappa Delta Pi Members so please bring your friends.
- On November 30th we will be finishing out the semester with a fun holiday movie, snacks, and drinks. There will be a small price to attend, and for snacks. We will provide you the prices at our next meeting. This will also be open to everyone, so remember to bring your friends!
We hope to see everyone at our last two meetings! Thanks so much for your patience and dedication. It is greatly appreciated!
The GVSU Kappa Delta Pi E-Board
If you were not able to make it to our Literacy Night on October 19th then you missed out on some great conversations and a great time looking through some children books that provide diversity in the classroom. However, there was not much information that you missed so do not worry about that. We hope you can attend the next meeting. A big thank you to the members who attended and contributed to the conversations, we appreciate your dedication and commitment to Kappa Delta Pi.
Kappa Delta Pi E-Board
Unfortunately, we have been having struggles with reserving a room through Event Services so instead of having a formal 2nd meeting, we decided to do a group bowling night. This was a success, we had a lot of fun and were able to get to know each other better as members of Kappa Delta Pi. We hope that everyone who attended felt the same way and enjoyed it also. If you weren't able to make it to our first social event we hope that you can make it to the next one. Keep checking out our Facebook page and your email for information on meetings and other events.
Thanks so much,
The GVSU KDP E-Board
As I sit here on my couch recapping the meeting and all that went on tonight I just can't help but feel so gosh darn thankful. After a long tedious process, I am so glad that Kappa Delta Pi is finally here on campus and making a splash. I just want to thank everyone interested in our new organization, and now I will give you all details from the first meeting.
- Tonight we met the E-Board, you can also meet us for the first, second, third, or however many times at the E-Board label above if you were not there tonight, or if you just want to see our smiling faces again.
- We discussed the important elements of KDP International and GVSU KDP.
Social Media: this is all important, we post all of our updates on these!
Facebook: GVSU Kappa Delta Pi
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or even suggestions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much for coming,
The GVSU KDP E-Board