We are so thankful for our members that attended the meeting last night, November 2nd. All of your names have been entered into the raffle drawing, and we hope that they will be entered again when you come to our next meeting November 16th. If you were unable to make it to our meeting last night, you still have the opportunity to have your name entered into the drawing by coming to our second to last meeting on the 16th. We will be doing the drawing at our last meeting on November 30th at 7pm.
Recap from the Meeting:
For those that attended the meeting you were able to listen to Brian Williams, from the COE talk about resume building, professionalism in interviews, and ways to positively market yourself. You were also able to ask Brian any questions that you had formulating. However, for those of you who missed our meeting, we had Brian come in to present on marketing techniques to make yourself a "stand-out" candidate. Some of those include,
- Bringing questions to an interview
- Meeting the principal when working in the school
- Presenting yourself in a positive and professional manner (attire and attitude) etc.
At the meeting we also presented some reminder information and new information that we need to want to notify all of our members about,
- This will take place in early January
- $60 Dues will be due before initiation ($48 goes to KDP International, and the other $12 goes to KDP GV)
- You must have a 3.0 GPA, have sophomore standing, and attend 75% of the meetings once initiated.
- Official dates will come before or during Christmas Break.
Committee Information: As an e-board we have decided to have one e-board member oversee each committee. The committees and their overseers are listed below. If you have any other questions about committees, please email us.
Social Events: We have decided that we are going to use our last two meetings as social/fundraising events for our members.
- On November 16th we will be providing holiday ornaments that you can purchase for a small price and then decorate for yourself, family members, friends etc. This event is open to all people, not just Kappa Delta Pi Members so please bring your friends.
- On November 30th we will be finishing out the semester with a fun holiday movie, snacks, and drinks. There will be a small price to attend, and for snacks. We will provide you the prices at our next meeting. This will also be open to everyone, so remember to bring your friends!
We hope to see everyone at our last two meetings! Thanks so much for your patience and dedication. It is greatly appreciated!
The GVSU Kappa Delta Pi E-Board
If you were not able to make it to our Literacy Night on October 19th then you missed out on some great conversations and a great time looking through some children books that provide diversity in the classroom. However, there was not much information that you missed so do not worry about that. We hope you can attend the next meeting. A big thank you to the members who attended and contributed to the conversations, we appreciate your dedication and commitment to Kappa Delta Pi.
Kappa Delta Pi E-Board